- This event has passed.
Trager Level I Training
January 5, 2019 @ 10:00 am - January 7, 2019 @ 5:00 pm$225
The Trager Approach is a somatic education practice that helps people experience themselves as healthy and whole. Developed by Dr. Milton Trager, it blends touch, movement, and curiousity to teach clients to feel changes in their tissues and return to this feeling state to effect long lasting changes. Trager Level 1 Training is a 54 hour training comprised of nine 6-hour days spread from January through April. Unlike the standard intensive Level 1 trainings this staggered schedule provides participants the opportunity to receive consistent instructional feedback and support as they learn to facilitate the Trager Approach. In Trager Level 1 you will experience and explore both Mentastics & table-work.
The table-work training will focus on deepening your experience and understanding of the Trager bodywork principles including:
o taking out slack
o coming from your feet
o asking questions
o hook-up (working from a relaxed, focused meditative state of mind)
• Developing specific hand holds and techniques to apply these principles in a whole body treatment
• Clarifying cautions and contraindications for the Trager Approach
With Mentastics, you will discover and practice Mentastics movements for self-care to further develop self-awareness and help keep your mind and body more relaxed and less prone to injury.
Instructors: Gwen Crowell and other Trager Instrcutors
Dates: Sat, Sun Mon – Jan 5-7 10am
Sun, Mon – Feb 10,11
Sun, Mon – Mar 10,11
Sun, Mon – Apr 7,8
Cost: $900 total. We will accept payments.
$225 to register
$225 Feb 10,
$225 March 10 and
$225 April 7
To study the Trager Approach you must join the US Trager Association. The Student Membership fee is $145 (paid to the USTA)
To complete your Level 1 training & become eligible to take the Trager Level 2 training, you will be asked to do fieldwork that includes:
1. Documenting a minimum of 30 practice sessions
2. Receiving 10 sessions (8 of these can be trades with each other, two must be from Certified Trager Practitioners)
3. Attending 2 or more review tutorials (tutorials are a minimum of 2 hrs and cost $150.00)
4. Receiving a recommendation from a tutor for progression to Level 2 training